Thanksgiving Hacks with Jackie
Are you interested in knowing how to “hack” Thanksgiving? Well you have come to the right
place! Holidays are time consuming and for many are very stressful! Here are some simple tips
on how to make the big day a breeze.
Hack it, How to:
1. Set the table the day before. This is always something my family did and it made life so
2. Prep your vegetables ahead of time. Slice, dice and chop away. Storing each in a container
so you can heat, dump and go.
- Need to turn it up a notch? Make them the day before but leave them a little firmer so when
you reheat them they are perfectly cooked.
3. Crock pots are a beautiful thing. You can make everything including the turkey in one of
4. Skip the potato peeler. Yes, potato skin of all potato varieties is perfectly edible and is a
great source of fiber. Just be sure to give them a scrub before you boil them. Smashed red
skinned garlic mash anyone? YUM.
5. If your friends and family are like mine, they are always asking what they can bring. A
great tip is to give everyone a dish to prepare. You take care of the bird and literally the rest
comes to you.
6. Make sure you bird is defrosted in time. Set alarm reminders on your phone to make sure
you put that bad boy in the refrigerator in time! The USDA recommend one day for every 4-5lbs
of weight. So if your turkey is 24lbs it will take about 6days to thaw. Now that’s a lot of turkey!!
Leave a Reply.